- Management & financial accounting
- Terrific scope in leading a financial team
- $120 – $130,000 + super
- Six weeks paid annual leave
About the organisation:
The College provides Catholic secondary education for over 1000 students and has a proud history of compassion-based values supporting the academic, religious and pastoral education and care of students in Western Sydney, and through the diverse talents of a range of teaching and support staff.
About the role:
The person who takes up this opportunity will report to the Director of Business Services in supporting the big picture and operational requirements of the College.
Your primary function as the Finance Manager will be to lead the Finance Team in the carriage of all finance related duties. This includes financial accounting, management accounting and reporting, investment oversight, short term budgeting and long-term financial projections.
Providing great variety, you will also be responsible for the effective operations of the Uniform Shop and applying an oversight and guidance type approach with the Canteen function which is outsourced.
Leading, mentoring and guiding a support team of approximately seven staff, this position is a hands-on role. Responsible for a wide remit, the right person will need to balance technical savvy with team leadership, as well as having the opportunity for continuing involvement, purpose and achievement across the life of the College.
The salary package will be dependent upon previous experience and is a negotiated salary plus superannuation. In addition, there are a range of benefits including six (6) weeks paid annual leave, salary packaging and subsidised car parking.
How your week will look:
- Overseeing and supporting the payroll, accounts receivable and payable functions
- Cashflow monitoring and management
- Connecting with families in relation to escalated school fee cases
- Managing all tax compliance requirements
- Preparation towards College finance related compliance obligations & deadlines
- Audit preparation, liaising with external auditors for the annual financial report & audit
- Team leadership, professional development for the Finance team
- Juggling completing priorities and attending meetings
- Reviewing and evaluating current policies ensuring currency and best practice
- Collaborating with the Director of Business Services in matters of investment, long term financial positioning, preparation for Board Meeting reporting and coverage of the leadership role on a needs basis
So what talents, experience and qualities are needed:
- Tertiary qualifications in Accounting
- CPA/CA qualified as you will be undertaking some of the ‘signing off’
- Previous experience in a financial and management accounting role within a non-profit organisation (education would be advantageous)
- Highly accomplished in technical requirements including accruals, investments and audits
- A hands-on operator, you will be more than happy to roll up your sleeves and work operationally, as well as leading an experienced financial team
- Proven experience managing and leading teams effectively
- Advanced computer literacy having used various platforms and web based technologies
- High-end analytical orientation, and with drive, energy and a passion for the education of young people
- A real team player who enjoys collaborating with diverse stakeholders
- High level confidentiality and emotional intelligence within this finance management role
- A commitment to supporting the religious, values based and and Catholic school environment
- A current Working with Children Clearance (WWCC)
Really keen & confident you meet the brief? Your next step then:
The College is keen to secure the right person for this role therefore we ask that you apply as soon as possible. For this reason, there is no ‘application close date’. We will keep the vacancy open until the right person is secured.
From our end:
As McCormack Employment Services has been engaged by this College to undertake this recruitment process, all applications will automatically be directed to the agency.
For further information &/or a copy of the full Position Description, please contact
Cheryl McCormack on +61 417899756 or email –