- Burwood (close to train or bus)
- $70,000 + Super + Leave Loading
- Office/building management & executive team support
The largest Catholic super fund in Australia is seeking to fill this role and have engaged McCormack Employment Services to assist in securing the right person.
Supporting the CEO, along with the Board and senior management team, this position has variety, challenge and the scope to put your mark on it!
Your responsibilities will typically include:
- Overseeing the maintenance of Fund head office, including coordination and supervision of tradespeople, monitoring cleaning staff and maintenance and monitoring of the security system across two buildings.
- Secretarial duties, including diary management, general correspondence, memoranda, presentations, reports and maintenance of filing systems.
- Screening telephone calls, fielding enquiries and requests, and escalating urgent matters for CEO/executive attention.
- Maintaining attractive and orderly presentation of the Executive floor, including reception area, kitchen, CEO’s office, print room and boardroom.
- Preparing meeting rooms, including provision of refreshments/meals for senior executives and visitors.
- Coordinating/organising executive and staff functions.
- Maintaining Fund conflicts registers.
- Preparing director documentation for legislative compliance.
- Collating agenda papers for Trustee meetings and assisting with preparation of board, committee and management meetings as required.
- Making travel and catering arrangements for Trustee Board meetings.
- Forwarding copies of documentation to various Catholic Church agencies.Following up on new projects or other ad hoc tasks as required by the CEO and/or executive from time to time.
To be successful in this varied role you will require the following skills, abilities and attributes;
- Strong interpersonal, communication and negotiation (both oral and written) skills
- Proficient use of office software, PCs and various office equipment
- Exceptional corporate presentation and excellent people management skills
- Ability to work autonomously, employ initiative to find solutions, prioritise and exercise discretion
- Excellent organisational and administration skills (including minutes at meetings)
- A proactive and flexible approach to work
- Ability to liaise at an executive level and to work under pressure
- Excellent telephone manner in combination with top notch hospitality
- Accurate numeracy skills
- Previous exposure to building facilities management (highly regarded, but not essential)
- An understanding and appreciation of the Catholic faith and the Mission of the Catholic Church in Australia
If this opportunity presses your buttons and you would love to work with a medium sized team of professionals who are passionate about their work, email your CV and cover letter to Cheryl McCormack – Director & Principal Recruiter, McCormack Employment Services.
Short listed candidates will be interviewed between 18–22 December 2015, with a projected commencement around the second or third week of January 2016.