SCHOOL MAINTENANCE/PROPERTY OFFICER
- Close to public transport
- 3 days per week
- $23.69 – $28.44 pr hr + super
About the organisation:
Located in Sydney’s South-Eastern suburbs, this secondary school with a focus on providing vibrant learning and quality teaching in a nurturing environment, is close to local transport facilities and town amenities.
About the role:
The School is seeking to appoint an experienced Maintenance and Property Officer on a permanent part time basis to manage all general maintenance and repair work around the school campus including buildings, gardens and non-technical materials (mainly carpentry).
The position will facilitate technical repairs of the buildings under the direction of the Business Manager and the Principal.
The tasks and duties involved:
- Completing minor repairs to the property including basic carpentry, plumbing, electrical and painting needs
- Repairing furniture and doors
- Replacing fixtures and fittings
- Plastering walls and paving floors
- Mowing lawns and maintaining gardens
- Changing internal and external lighting
- Painting classroom walls and outside surfaces
- Coordinating and liaising with external contractors
- Assisting with College activities as requested including occasionally driving the school bus
- Any other general maintenance task required
Skills, experience and qualities needed:
- Approximately 3-5 years’ experience working within repair and maintenance roles
- Trade qualification (from Cert 3 up)
- MR Driver’s Licence (current & clean)
- Knowledge of and experience with the tools and processes used in the repair and maintenance of school properties
- Hands on experience maintaining gardens and grounds
- High level of attention and the ability to prioritise and multitask
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills with parents, teachers and students
- A helpful and cooperative approach
- Knowledge of Workplace Health and Safety precautions, standards and guidelines
- Will be required to obtain a Working with Children check
Your next step:
If what you have read ‘fits the bill’ and you can answer in the positive to the above requirements, please click on ‘Apply’ ASAP as this organisation is serious about securing the right person before the end of the school year.
The position will commence in the last week of January 2017 working through school holidays. Hours will be 6 across 3 days per week on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Four weeks’ annual leave will be required to be taken during the longer school break over Christmas and January.
To be successful short listed candidates must apply and pay for a Working with Children Clearance prior to attending final interviews.
From our end:
All applications will automatically be directed to Cheryl McCormack, Principal Recruiter at McCormack Employment Services.
For further information or enquiries, you can call +61 2 92126800 and we will endeavour to respond as quickly as possible.
Link not working?
Copy and paste this URL directly into your browser: