PRINCIPAL’S ASSISTANT/ SCHOOL SECRETARY
- Variety Plus
- Term Time only!
- 8.30 – 4.00pm
About the organisation:
De La Salle Catholic College in Cronulla is a coeducational campus focussed on providing high quality academic and vocational education to year 11 and 12 students.
About the role:
The college is seeking to appoint an experienced Personal Assistant to support the Principal and manage a range of administrative and front office functions.
The position will be part of the College Support Team and report to the School Principal whilst taking direction from the Business Manager.
The tasks and duties involved:
- First point of contact for all enquiries in the College front office
- Communicating with parents, staff, students and the school community
- Providing support to the Principal including diary management, dictation and document formation
- Handling of fee payments, receipting in SAS and preparation of banking
- Assisting with general school office duties including student administration using Sentral
- Managing the school newsletter using Publisher
- Word processing using Google docs including formatting
- Organising catering for events and meetings
- First Aid support
Skills, experience and qualities needed:
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills both written & verbal
- Strong computer skills with a knowledge of Google platforms and Publisher
- Proven ability to recognise confidential issues and treat them with the sensitivity required
- A helpful and cooperative approach – a team player
- Highly developed organisation and time management skills
- Strong work ethic and commitment to providing excellence
- First Aid certificate (or preparedness to obtain)
- Prepared to support the values of the Catholic Faith
Your next step:
If what you have read excites your career instincts and you can answer in the positive to the above requirements, please click on ‘Apply’ ASAP as this organisation is serious about securing the right person very soon!
**Tip – a brief cover letter responding to the selection criteria is always a good thing to provide!
From our end:
All applications will automatically be directed to Cheryl McCormack, Principal Recruiter at McCormack Employment Services.
As this is a school based role, we will be asking short listed applicants to apply for and obtain a Working with Children Clearance prior to panel interviews week commencing 5th December 2016.
This position comes under the NSW AND ACT CATHOLIC SYSTEMIC SCHOOLS ENTERPRISE AGREEMENT 2015 and will be paid as a Level 6. Any work done during school term breaks will be paid at the higher hourly casual rate.
The anticipated commencement date for the successful candidate is 23rd January 2017.
For further information or enquiries, you can call +61 2 92126800 and we will endeavour to respond as quickly as possible.
Link not working?
Copy and paste this URL directly into your browser: