Client Services Officer
- Long term Temp opportunity!
- Uniform allowance
- $30.00 pr hr + Super
About the Organisation:
Catholic Cemeteries & Crematoria are the principal Catholic cemetery and crematorium operation in Australia. Their focus is on delivering a high level of personal, dignified and respectful burial, cremation or memorial services throughout our numerous cemeteries.
About the Role:
As a member of a small team of 10 within a larger organisation, the Client Services Officers maximise customer satisfaction by the provision of information, issue resolution, and assistance tailored to the needs of key stakeholders in a respectful and empathetic manner. Mainly over the phone or via email but also involves some face to face. Considerable database work is involved especially around the use of the Booking System – so this is a real mix of great admin and database skills and effective yet compassionate people handling skills!
Tasks and duties involved:
- Answer enquiries from and generally assist the visiting public
- Assist with selling of gravesites and crypts
- Ensure smooth progress of masses, services and funerals whilst maintaining a good public image for CMCT
- Assist clients with genealogical enquiries and grave location
- Assist in providing initial care and comfort to visiting clients whilst waiting for another Customer Service Officer to assist them
- Assist with monumental permits, plaques and funeral bookings
- Maintains efficient and effective relationships with Funeral Directors and their respective organisations while continuously providing feedback, recommendations and initiatives that enhance customer service product delivery
- Monitor bookings and service delivery provided by Caterers in the condolence lounges
- Ensure Chapel supplies and presentation standards are maintained and clergy vestments and altar items are available when and where required
- Act as cashier for all transactions including cash/credit card and assist with daily banking for checking
- Assist in the organisation and presentation of Special events as required
- Data entry of burial and office records
- Maintain booking records for burial, including searches, check for grave numbers, sections and grantees
Skills, experience and qualities sought:
- Sensitivity to the attitudes and disposition of customers
- Able to handle grief and difficult conversations in a competent manner
- Business presentation and grooming
- Excellent written & spoken English (a second language would be highly regarded)
- Current drivers licence (essential as you need to drive to work & around cemetery)
- High attention to detail
- Intermediate computer literacy skills with specific focus on databases
- A good understanding & appreciation of Catholic faith and traditions
Your next step:
If you are motivated by the sound of this opportunity and you are able to commence immediately and work for an indefinite period, please APPLY attaching your CV ASAP.